Welcome to the Museum Volunteers Website
Our goal as Museum Volunteers (MV) is to promote public awareness of museums, and to build an appreciation and understanding of the history and cultures of Malaysia. We are a non-profit, non-political and non-religious group open to all who undertake the training programme and graduate as a docent (museum guide). We are hosted by the Museums Department in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
We provide free guided tours to the public:
- Guided tours in English, French, Japanese, Malay and Mandarin on available on a regular schedule. Please check our Tours@ Muzium Negara page for the schedule. You can also go to this page by clicking here
- Guided tours in Dutch, German, Danish, Spanish, Russian and Polish are available upon request.
- Custom tailored tours for embassies, companies and schools are available upon request.
- Guided tours at Muzium Textil which are available upon request.
For tours that are only available upon request, please email email@example.com for further details.
In addition to carrying out guiding activities, volunteers also undertake the following activities:
- School Programs – Volunteers will organize special tours for school children.
- Research – Volunteers will find and organize material to help the guides and school programme volunteers.
- Events - Volunteers will organize special tours and visits